Fruit and vegetables imported in the UK?
Most of the citrus and other tropical / sub-tropical fruits and vegetables, but also many temperate-climate ones such as apples and salad vegetables. This meets high all-year as well as exotic (in true sense) demands. It's likely that edible plant material indigenous to anywhere in the world, can be found in the UK's shops!
3 people found this useful
There are many fruits and vegetables that America imports. Americaimports raspberries and strawberries for example during the winterseason.
"Vegetables are low in fat and calories. They also provide fiber, vitamins (such as vitamins A and C and folate) and minerals.\n. \nDifferent vegetables are good sources of d…ifferent nutrients. Eat a variety of vegetables. Include dark-green leafy vegetables (spinach, romaine, kale, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens), deep-yellow vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes, yellow squash), and legumes (navy, pinto, kidney, chickpeas, etc.) several times each week. (Legumes can count either as a vegetable or can be used in place of meat.)"\nAs stated at:\nhttp://www.healthgoods.com/Education/nutrition_information/Food_Groups/why_vegetables_important.htm Eating fruits and vegetables is important because they have minerals and vitamins in them that you need to be healthy and live. For example sailors in the olden days sometimes died of a disease called "scurvey" because they didn't have fruits on their long voyages. But the most important reason to eat fruits and vegetable is because they taste so good.
Because they have vitamins and nutrients in them that make you stronger and healthier.!
Many countries import some fruits and vegetables. This includes theUnited States, Canada, England, France, Greece, as well as theNetherlands.
apples,pears,cherries,blueberries,raspberries,strawberries,blackcurrents, gooseberries,plums,damsons ans rhubarb
It is because some countries cannot grow enough to meet their needs and some countries grow too much.
England is not the ideal place for growing many fruits and vegetables, such as bananas, mango, passion fruit, and other exotic fruits which more often than not, require a hott…er habitat. Approximately 35% of fruit and vegetables sold in England are actually from Britain itself. The other 65% is imported.
Answer#1 Because they contain essential (our bodies can't make them) compounds (vitamins, minerals and pytochemicals) that without, our cells would malfunction and die; our …organs would then malfunction and die, then...we would die. In the case of the early Portuguese explorers of the 16th century; after months at sea, many sailors were plagued by a mysterious illness that caused bleeding of the gums, and other orifices; many of them died, leaked to death, as it were; their vein walls simply fell apart, cell by cell. The illness was scurvy and could have been prevented by one lemon wedge a day! Scurvy (as you may have guessed by now) is caused by a severe deficiency of vitamin C. Later explorers brought dried citrus fruits along but the solution was only temporary, for vitamin C decays over time. These unwary souls were similarly doomed. This is why we need to eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day! To keep our human machine, a well tuned instrument!
Their good for your digestive system.
From what i know it is what happens to fruits and vegetables after been exposed to oxygen (damaged in some way). It is a defensive mechanism used by fruit and vegetables to pr…otect itself from infection as benzoquinone is toxic to bacteria.
Potatoes, all fruits but oranges, not very many vegetables grow in the UK, sadly. Importing is very IMPORTant in the UK.
None. Other countries would export things to the UK. The UK would import them.
Fruits and vegetables give you the nutrients you need to go through your day healthy.
They both are high in nutrients that are essential to our health.
agricultural, watermelon,lemon water
So we can benefit from all the vitamins and nutrients that comefrom fruits and vegetables.